My five for today…
1) Food success – My 3 year old ate crusts. He normally eats a mouthful from the middle! Sandwich of choice was houmous & cheddar on seeded batch.
2) Soldiering on & doing a previously hated chore – I am up to my eyeballs in stinking cold, ribs hurt to breath in & sneezing isn’t much fun…but, I’ve managed to achieve some ironing. Never used to do ironing as life is too short to worry about a few creases, but I started doing it in a bid to keep on top of laundry, check what the clothes we wear are like so I can charity/chuck any out; & I discovered much to my horror that ironed clothes look nicer! 😉
3) Text convos with a friend – it’s nice to have a conversation, even if it’s via text, with a person that doesn’t scream “mama mama” right in your face or demand you wipe their bottom or sit screeching at you for no reason other than they appear to feel like mentally torturing you. Sometimes, it’s quite lonely being a busy mum of young children. You rarely get out the house, even when you do, it’s virtually impossible to maintain a conversation that isn’t interspersed with “please stop hitting your brother, “we don’t like it when you use those words…”, “could you let me talk please? I’m trying to have a conversation here…”, “The baby doesn’t like being poked in her eye, could you stop it please?”, “Please don’t touch that, put it down, do not break it… Oh too late!”. I am supposed to be positive here aren’t I? Well, I do love them despite this so I guess that will do! 😉 I think it’s really hard sometimes trying to make time for friends, with such busy lives & loads of children, but it’s something I want to try and do more.
4) Bank holidays I realised only yesterday that it’s bank holidays coming up & that means my chap is home. We are like ships in the night at the moment, passing each other in the house, barely muttering as we don’t get time to talk. I miss him being here sometimes, & he helps a lot. So I’m looking forward to Thursday night when he comes in from work, ready for a long weekend with family.
5) Sun – it is shining, snow is blinding but the sun is out & that always makes me feel happier!