I’d been thinking for a while about starting a blog to document my progress with decluttering, and the process in simplifying and improving my life. Since the birth of my fifth child, my first daughter, my head has been in quite a whirlwind trying to adjust to the chaos and I felt I needed to make some changes to how we do things. It’s a very slow gradual process, but we’ve made a start! My aim is to get rid of things we don’t tend to use or need and along the way, make life easier! Less clutter, means less stress over housework and then I can focus on the more important things, like my family!
So far, we’ve managed to get rid of quite a few bags of things/clothes/stuff to charity or the tip, and anything else has gone on eBay. 🙂 Which leads me on to the “Five Things” – Over on Keep It Simple, Mia has started writing a list of five positive things that happen to her every day, and I thought that would be a good place to start, so here is my list of five…
1) Ebay – We’ve started decluttering and selling some bits on here to try and fund a new laptop for the family. With seven of us (okay, two are still a little bit small to use computers yet!) – there are a number of arguments over computer usage. My older boys need them for completing work, and playing games on occasion, but it’s not working having to share all the time, (plus a laptop would be useful for me!) so, it’s on our list of things we are saving up for. The less arguments and stress in my household, the better, so this is a fairly high on my list of things to get. Sellling stuff feels good! 😀
2) Crochet – I taught myself to crochet a couple of years ago, and I love it, but it’s hard to find the time. Today, I’ve managed a few rows! This doesn’t sound like much, and that is because it isn’t! 😉 But it’s nice to be making things again.
3) Communication – Talking things through when things aren’t quite going to plan can work! Instead of keeping it all stuck in my head, it’s good to get it out, and improve things.
4) Gurgles and Coos – Sylvie is smiling and cooing loads – she does this thing where she looks at you and her eyes seem to well up with love, and then she gurgles at you whilst shrugging her shoulders! It’s a funny thing to try and describe but it warms my heart and today she just makes me smile even though I am feeling a bit poorly. Can’t believe my beautiful little girl is 11 weeks already!!
5) Texts from school – no school tomorrow because of snow – which means NO school run, and all my brood safe at home! 🙂