Five for today
1) Declutter – filled up back of car with piles of household rubbish & went to tip. Feels good to be making a little progress.
2) A good find – whilst at tip I spotted a pile of books someone had thrown into the skip that as destined for incineration, why they weren’t donated to charity I have no idea. I saw old Ladybird books which made me feel sad as they are quite sought after but they’d been squashed down by other rubbish. However, on the top I saw this pristine book & asked if I could take it.
It’s by Woodrow Wyatt – The Exploits of Mr Saucy Squirrel and I think it’s a first edition from 1976! (as old as me!)
3) Homemade bolognese – My chap makes a wicked bolognese from scratch & that’s what we had tonight! Yum! Beats any stuff from a jar!
4) Growing – Sylvie had to have her seat belt adjusted as she’s moved up a notch! Bittersweet as I love having a little baby, but excited as she’s growing strong & it’s all because of my milk! I still find it amazing how it all works!
5) The Voice – I don’t watch soaps or much TV really, but I love watching this! I look forward to it all week & I’m excited to watch the second part of battles tonight! Plus I do love Sir Tom Jones twinkly eyes! 😉
1) Reading – It’s been a good book day with my babies today. Their older brothers are staying at their Nana’s so I’ve managed to have some quality time. Lots of reading together, enjoying & talking about the pictures.
We are loving Alain Grée books a lot at the moment, Nature, Transport & My first book of Animals. Beautiful books!
Another book we have loved is “When I was born” – it not only looks gorgeous but such a lovely read about the experiences a young child has, and the joys of senses, discovering & learning. It made me well up a bit! (Doesn’t take much though!)
2) Pretty find – my chap brought home a pretty ceramic toadstool lamp that he found dumped in a box, tested it to make sure it’s safe & he was allowed to have it! I’m thrilled as its right up my street with my toadstool fairy type obsession at the moment & it will be wonderful in my daughter’s room when we finally get round to doing it!
3) Chip van Friday – I wasn’t going to have any tonight but tiredness, & the ease of getting them from the bottom of the road on a Friday meant we had chip van Friday. Albie & Rocco got plates for a carpet picnic & arranged them ready!
4) New goals – got ideas, goals and projects swimming around my head. This is a good thing, as recently I’ve felt a bit ‘bleh’ & demotivated. Having an objective & something to look forward to is a positive thing.
5) Legs – I’ve managed to have an undisturbed shower & shaved my legs! This doesn’t sound like much or a huge positive, but quite honestly, if you’d seen them before you’d realise why it was a big deal! I was turning into a yeti… I may attempt to wash & comb my hair this weekend, that would be a feat!
Today, I woke up with the intention of having a much more positive day, despite still feeling a bit bleh. Oh, I long for warm weather & no poorliness!
It’s been a mixed day but mostly good…
1) The weekend starts here– Easter holiday & long weekend with family. VERY much needed.
2) Storytime – sat and read Nature by Alain Grée, with Rocco. Beautiful book. 🙂
3) Capturing a photo that made my day – my beautiful smily sleepy baby wrapped up close to my heart.
4) Crochet – made a mouse! Wasn’t the best mouse in the world, (in fact it was supposed to be a bunny!) but my baby liked it, & it has inspired me to practice more amigurumi.
5) Sun – snow is melting more! I can see the bulbs springing through & the promise of Springtime.