Five for today
1) Declutter – filled up back of car with piles of household rubbish & went to tip. Feels good to be making a little progress.
2) A good find – whilst at tip I spotted a pile of books someone had thrown into the skip that as destined for incineration, why they weren’t donated to charity I have no idea. I saw old Ladybird books which made me feel sad as they are quite sought after but they’d been squashed down by other rubbish. However, on the top I saw this pristine book & asked if I could take it.
It’s by Woodrow Wyatt – The Exploits of Mr Saucy Squirrel and I think it’s a first edition from 1976! (as old as me!)
3) Homemade bolognese – My chap makes a wicked bolognese from scratch & that’s what we had tonight! Yum! Beats any stuff from a jar!
4) Growing – Sylvie had to have her seat belt adjusted as she’s moved up a notch! Bittersweet as I love having a little baby, but excited as she’s growing strong & it’s all because of my milk! I still find it amazing how it all works!
5) The Voice – I don’t watch soaps or much TV really, but I love watching this! I look forward to it all week & I’m excited to watch the second part of battles tonight! Plus I do love Sir Tom Jones twinkly eyes! 😉
1 Reclaiming space Today was a productive day! My chap emptied an ensuite bathroom that had been previously used as storage for so much STUFF it was practically up the ceiling & you couldn’t open the door properly. Well, it’s all gone! Bags and bags chucked & more to sort & sell/charity. The room is now empty! He ripped out a nasty dusty manky carpet & we are planning on revamping the whole room to make a “grown-up” bathroom! Just need to sell some stuff to get some spare pennies.
Wish we’d taken a before photo when it was rammed full like something from an episode of hoarders!
2) Multitasking mama – managed to list quite a bit on ebay today whilst feeding & cuddling Sylvie AND we have bids already! Promising start & more dosh hopefully towards laptop/bathroom fund.
3 Bread & Butter pudding Had a wonderful roast dinner made by the man, then to follow a big comfort stodgy pudding that I’d never tried, let alone made before. Was made with two day old tiger bread & a recipe from a book called “Just like my mum used to make”. Not the best photo but was rushing!
4 Smiles a recurring theme but this little lady can never fail to cheer us up!
5) bedtime two little boys settled in bed, (it’s been a long day!!), snuggling with the 8yo watching Shrek the third, & looking forward to climbing into my own bed to watch Flight of The Conchords & cosying up with my chap & baby 🙂
My five for today…
1) Food success – My 3 year old ate crusts. He normally eats a mouthful from the middle! Sandwich of choice was houmous & cheddar on seeded batch.
2) Soldiering on & doing a previously hated chore – I am up to my eyeballs in stinking cold, ribs hurt to breath in & sneezing isn’t much fun…but, I’ve managed to achieve some ironing. Never used to do ironing as life is too short to worry about a few creases, but I started doing it in a bid to keep on top of laundry, check what the clothes we wear are like so I can charity/chuck any out; & I discovered much to my horror that ironed clothes look nicer! 😉
3) Text convos with a friend – it’s nice to have a conversation, even if it’s via text, with a person that doesn’t scream “mama mama” right in your face or demand you wipe their bottom or sit screeching at you for no reason other than they appear to feel like mentally torturing you. Sometimes, it’s quite lonely being a busy mum of young children. You rarely get out the house, even when you do, it’s virtually impossible to maintain a conversation that isn’t interspersed with “please stop hitting your brother, “we don’t like it when you use those words…”, “could you let me talk please? I’m trying to have a conversation here…”, “The baby doesn’t like being poked in her eye, could you stop it please?”, “Please don’t touch that, put it down, do not break it… Oh too late!”. I am supposed to be positive here aren’t I? Well, I do love them despite this so I guess that will do! 😉 I think it’s really hard sometimes trying to make time for friends, with such busy lives & loads of children, but it’s something I want to try and do more.
4) Bank holidays I realised only yesterday that it’s bank holidays coming up & that means my chap is home. We are like ships in the night at the moment, passing each other in the house, barely muttering as we don’t get time to talk. I miss him being here sometimes, & he helps a lot. So I’m looking forward to Thursday night when he comes in from work, ready for a long weekend with family.
5) Sun – it is shining, snow is blinding but the sun is out & that always makes me feel happier!