1) Writing– Albie has taught himself to write his name. I’m really chuffed!
Nearly got the letters the right way round!
2) It’s Thursday. – Which means tomorrow is Friday and my eldest will be home from his week away. I’ve really really missed him.
3) Playing – had a little toy sort out and the little boys had a good time playing with octons and fuzzy felt.
4) Keeping on top! – did two & a bit bags for laundry today. I hate this job.
5) Bed – I’m off to bed, to snuggle! Night!
Five things for today.
1)In the kitchen – made a Herby butternut squash & chickpea soup, and Butternut Squash, orange & sultana muffins with leftover squash. Recipe on previous post.
The two small boys helped me too!
2) Foo Fighters
Put Sylvie in her brother’s old Foo Fighters vest! Loved seeing it being worn again!
Had a sweet treat after dinner of meringue, Rodda’s Cornish clotted cream & berries. Yum! Albie calls them Rangos so we renamed them “Merangos”!
4) Texts – had a text from a friend who is very close to having her second baby & hoping for a home birth! Really excited for her & hope she gets a dream labour and delivery. I’d have loved a home birth but it wasn’t meant to be, but I think they are wonderful! Looking forward to an announcement!
5) Brothers – they drive each other spare a lot of the time & I’m always refereeing squabbles… But they really do love each other. This pair below in particular have a good bond, but clash too! I love watching my children interact (on a good day!) – it makes having a large family all the more worth it.
Not posted for a few days so a little positivity catch up…
1) Support Been a pretty up & down few days, but I’ve had hugs & company from my Mama, & chats with lovely friends. I appreciate it so much.
2) 16 weeks Sylvie turned 16 weeks yesterday. She’s been a little off colour but seems to be turning the corner now. We went out wedding attire shopping yesterday with my Mama & she now has more changes of outfit “just in case” for the wedding day than your average celebrity! Yesterday, got a Baker girl frock & a playsuit in the blue cross sale at Debenhams. This having a daughter thing is still a novelty… So many pretty things! 😉
3) Dens – little Stickle hasn’t been very well, and is very whingy & upset a lot recently. Coupled with his frustration at not being able to communicate well, it’s led to a few meltdowns. Very draining for us all. However, we had a lovely moment yesterday, building a sofa den & it really cheered him up!
4)Hugs – My four year old kept randomly hugging me and telling me how much he loved me & how pretty & beautiful I was!! This boy will go far!! 😉
5)New tricks Sylvie was sat in her bouncer last night and learnt how to trigger the blue lights to come on using her feet & hands!
And a bonus 6) Frocks! – managed to get a couple of dresses yesterday in the sale, for my nephews wedding! I’ve not lost any weight as I’d planned to for the wedding as my priority has been breastfeeding (& cake eating!) but even though I’m overweight, I still felt kinda pretty in new dresses! It’s made me realise how I’d like to start making more effort to defrump myself, wear nicer clothes (instead of my usual crap maternity jeans & baggy tops) & feel happier in my own skin… So project pampering will commence shortly!
Hard to think of many positives when 4 out of 5 children are not feeling well (and neither am I!) but let’s give it a shot!
1) Giggles – Sylvie really giggled at me tonight when I was singing Old Mc Donald to her! Was it my poor ability at holding a note? Or was she genuinely laughing who knows?! I know my singing voice isn’t up to scratch….(Unless I’ve sunk a few glasses of wine and handed a mic, then I like to think I’m a warbling mix of Patsy Cline and Eva Cassidy!)
2) 3 weeks tomorrow since leaving my old Facebook account, I’ve still managed to keep in touch with a few. I still need to reactivate to pass on some contacts, and copy a document and download my data… Then I’m closing it properly. Some people have said they miss me on Facebook, but I’m still here, I’m still contactable if people want to talk to me or email – and truthfully I feel a happier person for making this change. Not many have asked how this decision has affected me, but it’s made a real improvement to how I go about my day and spend my time. I didn’t want to make a big “hey look at me! I’m leaving Facebook!” gesture, nor actively encourage others to follow suit, but I’ve since seen or heard of a few others leaving, including my chap, and most people I have spoken with seem to have a renewed sense of purpose and positivity. Check out these links here and here… I found them quite good reads.
3) Phones I sent back my latest upgrade. I had switched from an iPhone 4 to a Sony Xperia Z but it was too big and clumsy for me after a weekend of trying to get used to it. Great phone but not worth it. In fact, it got me thinking about how I want to simplify my life, so I’m now considering going on a payg account and cutting my bills down.
4) Sewing Bee Watched the final of the Great British Sewing Bee tonight and was pleased with the result! I am itching to start sewing & learning how to make things. I need to lose the fear of making mistakes though… Which reminds me of a great quote by Sir Ken Robinson. (I love him!!)
“If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.”
5) Dandelions My four year old handed me a dandelion this afternoon and told me “I picked you a bootiful flower mummy!” 😀 what a lovely way to put a smile on my face.
1)Picnic with friends
My friend Mia came today with her three children for a walk and picnic! It was lovely even though it didn’t quite go as expected! Came home & had a nice cuppa & chat too.
2) Sleepy girls
Our two little ones sparked out after the picnic! Sylvie complete with grassy knees! Was lovely to see! I really am looking forward to watching them develop a friendship as they grow!
Made some Italian courgette muffins for our picnic with a little help from the children. Recipe was from Abel & Cole They were yummy!
4) Warm weather Was lovely & sunny, and we managed to eat a lovely mackerel pasta outside this evening.
5) New phone Changed from an iPhone to Sony XperiaZ yesterday with a free upgrade. Phone is huge & it’s taking some getting used to but I like it. It’s positives outweigh the negatives so far. Exercising my thumb too! 😉
1) Walking – Today we went for an impromptu walk in the fields and newly planted forest by our house. It was wonderfully breezy, and warm. We will do this more often, next time taking the baby slings, and perhaps a picnic! We had a lovely time, and it is so lovely knowing this is literally on our doorstep! A perfect place to walk, run, or even cycle perhaps.Our tyre swing at the top of the hill!
The older boys resting in the sun and looking at the shapes of the clouds.
The fishing lake.
2) Making decisions – Today I made a decision, one that I won’t share just yet, but I feel happier and better for it already.
3) Talking – Having someone who I can talk to about worries or concerns, and knowing that they understand, it’s a nice feeling.
4) Strawberries – A simple plate of fresh strawberries made me feel better this morning.
5) It’s only 12.43pm – The lovely feeling when you still have plenty of day left! I thought it was later, so it’s a pleasant surprise knowing that I have posted five positive things for today already and still have potential to think of more!
1) Reading – It’s been a good book day with my babies today. Their older brothers are staying at their Nana’s so I’ve managed to have some quality time. Lots of reading together, enjoying & talking about the pictures.
We are loving Alain Grée books a lot at the moment, Nature, Transport & My first book of Animals. Beautiful books!
Another book we have loved is “When I was born” – it not only looks gorgeous but such a lovely read about the experiences a young child has, and the joys of senses, discovering & learning. It made me well up a bit! (Doesn’t take much though!)
2) Pretty find – my chap brought home a pretty ceramic toadstool lamp that he found dumped in a box, tested it to make sure it’s safe & he was allowed to have it! I’m thrilled as its right up my street with my toadstool fairy type obsession at the moment & it will be wonderful in my daughter’s room when we finally get round to doing it!
3) Chip van Friday – I wasn’t going to have any tonight but tiredness, & the ease of getting them from the bottom of the road on a Friday meant we had chip van Friday. Albie & Rocco got plates for a carpet picnic & arranged them ready!
4) New goals – got ideas, goals and projects swimming around my head. This is a good thing, as recently I’ve felt a bit ‘bleh’ & demotivated. Having an objective & something to look forward to is a positive thing.
5) Legs – I’ve managed to have an undisturbed shower & shaved my legs! This doesn’t sound like much or a huge positive, but quite honestly, if you’d seen them before you’d realise why it was a big deal! I was turning into a yeti… I may attempt to wash & comb my hair this weekend, that would be a feat!
1) Turning frowns upside down Little boys (& I!) aren’t feeling tiptop today. It’s been quite hard with non-stop whining, but we did some creating & had a good time! It changed the mood of our afternoon and stopped us all getting grotty with each other. Think we will do more arty stuff together as we don’t get chance to do it often, & I’d like to encourage them all to have a go being a little more creative!
2)Daddy time Joby took Rocco out to a DIY store, & they had a good time! Rocco is what we affectionately call a “Daddy Magnet”! He’s not been feeling very great so he’s extra attached today, following him everywhere! They made a fire together & he ate his dinner on his lap!
3) Rainbow – found another little top that was passed down in Sylvie’s clothes. Forgot I’d had this & it’s not going to fit her much longer either, but it was lovely bright & cheery!
4) Hidden Spinach Joby made a smoothie for lunch & I persuaded him to let me stick a handful of spinach leaves in. Nobody was keen on the idea… But there was not a drop left! Big success! In his smoothie was a concoction of banana, frozen strawberries, sultanas, horlicks, honey, spinach, natural yoghurt & milk. Sounds odd.. Tasted amazing!
5) Willpower – First time since the 3rd I had felt like I missed popping on Facebook. Even the lure of needing Candy Crush lives was proving strong, but I resisted. Now, if I could apply this willpower to my diet, that would be great!
1 Reclaiming space Today was a productive day! My chap emptied an ensuite bathroom that had been previously used as storage for so much STUFF it was practically up the ceiling & you couldn’t open the door properly. Well, it’s all gone! Bags and bags chucked & more to sort & sell/charity. The room is now empty! He ripped out a nasty dusty manky carpet & we are planning on revamping the whole room to make a “grown-up” bathroom! Just need to sell some stuff to get some spare pennies.
Wish we’d taken a before photo when it was rammed full like something from an episode of hoarders!
2) Multitasking mama – managed to list quite a bit on ebay today whilst feeding & cuddling Sylvie AND we have bids already! Promising start & more dosh hopefully towards laptop/bathroom fund.
3 Bread & Butter pudding Had a wonderful roast dinner made by the man, then to follow a big comfort stodgy pudding that I’d never tried, let alone made before. Was made with two day old tiger bread & a recipe from a book called “Just like my mum used to make”. Not the best photo but was rushing!
4 Smiles a recurring theme but this little lady can never fail to cheer us up!
5) bedtime two little boys settled in bed, (it’s been a long day!!), snuggling with the 8yo watching Shrek the third, & looking forward to climbing into my own bed to watch Flight of The Conchords & cosying up with my chap & baby 🙂
1) huge declutter – we have an ensuite bathroom that’s not been used for years, instead it was crammed full of stuff being stored. Today, it’s nearly empty & with some DIY & a bit of love, we will have a bathroom back! Bags still need sorting but it’s a huge progress. It had been one of those “lets put it off another day” jobs. Phew!
2) My mummy – went our briefly with my mama today, only to a supermarket but it was nice to get out with her 🙂
3) 12 weeks my beautiful baby girl is 12 weeks today. What an amazing few weeks we’ve already shared. I love her more than I thought would be possible! She’s slotted right in to our family!
4) Love – Two of the loveliest friends I know married today! I don’t think I know of a couple more suited to each other! They never fail to make me laugh, & they have completely made my day – Just wonderful news!
5) Saturday nights Snuggling with some of my brood watching The Voice, with nibbles & drinks – perfect!