1) Blog readers – Went to my local Sewing Shop yesterday with my mum & ended up choosing some Riley Blake Ladybug Garden fabric & bits ‘n’ bobs to make a small quilt. Sandra was really helpful & whilst paying we got chatting about my crocheting & blog, turns out she’s been stalking my blog & called me the “muffin queen”! Nice to know people do read it, so *waves* to you if you are reading!
So excited (& nervous!) to start my first quilt too!
2) 20 weeks – Sylvie hit the 20 week mark yesterday! She’s a really lovely baby, and I’m enjoying every moment of life with her!
3) Sunshine & eating al fresco – weather has been glorious this weekend so we’ve all spent a lot of time in the garden. Today, we had yummy burgers complete with salad & fries in the garden, & I even got the sewing machine out to play!
4) Cushion – whilst sat outside with my sewing machine near the apple tree, I managed to make a cushion cover! Really chuffed as I’ve not sewn for yonks!
5) Days off – My chap has no work tomorrow as it’s bank holiday & boys are on half term! Yippee! No usual Sunday evening blues…
Hard to think of many positives when 4 out of 5 children are not feeling well (and neither am I!) but let’s give it a shot!
1) Giggles – Sylvie really giggled at me tonight when I was singing Old Mc Donald to her! Was it my poor ability at holding a note? Or was she genuinely laughing who knows?! I know my singing voice isn’t up to scratch….(Unless I’ve sunk a few glasses of wine and handed a mic, then I like to think I’m a warbling mix of Patsy Cline and Eva Cassidy!)
2) 3 weeks tomorrow since leaving my old Facebook account, I’ve still managed to keep in touch with a few. I still need to reactivate to pass on some contacts, and copy a document and download my data… Then I’m closing it properly. Some people have said they miss me on Facebook, but I’m still here, I’m still contactable if people want to talk to me or email – and truthfully I feel a happier person for making this change. Not many have asked how this decision has affected me, but it’s made a real improvement to how I go about my day and spend my time. I didn’t want to make a big “hey look at me! I’m leaving Facebook!” gesture, nor actively encourage others to follow suit, but I’ve since seen or heard of a few others leaving, including my chap, and most people I have spoken with seem to have a renewed sense of purpose and positivity. Check out these links here and here… I found them quite good reads.
3) Phones I sent back my latest upgrade. I had switched from an iPhone 4 to a Sony Xperia Z but it was too big and clumsy for me after a weekend of trying to get used to it. Great phone but not worth it. In fact, it got me thinking about how I want to simplify my life, so I’m now considering going on a payg account and cutting my bills down.
4) Sewing Bee Watched the final of the Great British Sewing Bee tonight and was pleased with the result! I am itching to start sewing & learning how to make things. I need to lose the fear of making mistakes though… Which reminds me of a great quote by Sir Ken Robinson. (I love him!!)
“If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.”
5) Dandelions My four year old handed me a dandelion this afternoon and told me “I picked you a bootiful flower mummy!” 😀 what a lovely way to put a smile on my face.