1) Blog readers – Went to my local Sewing Shop yesterday with my mum & ended up choosing some Riley Blake Ladybug Garden fabric & bits ‘n’ bobs to make a small quilt. Sandra was really helpful & whilst paying we got chatting about my crocheting & blog, turns out she’s been stalking my blog & called me the “muffin queen”! Nice to know people do read it, so *waves* to you if you are reading!
So excited (& nervous!) to start my first quilt too!
2) 20 weeks – Sylvie hit the 20 week mark yesterday! She’s a really lovely baby, and I’m enjoying every moment of life with her!
3) Sunshine & eating al fresco – weather has been glorious this weekend so we’ve all spent a lot of time in the garden. Today, we had yummy burgers complete with salad & fries in the garden, & I even got the sewing machine out to play!
4) Cushion – whilst sat outside with my sewing machine near the apple tree, I managed to make a cushion cover! Really chuffed as I’ve not sewn for yonks!
5) Days off – My chap has no work tomorrow as it’s bank holiday & boys are on half term! Yippee! No usual Sunday evening blues…
1) Writing– Albie has taught himself to write his name. I’m really chuffed!
Nearly got the letters the right way round!
2) It’s Thursday. – Which means tomorrow is Friday and my eldest will be home from his week away. I’ve really really missed him.
3) Playing – had a little toy sort out and the little boys had a good time playing with octons and fuzzy felt.
4) Keeping on top! – did two & a bit bags for laundry today. I hate this job.
5) Bed – I’m off to bed, to snuggle! Night!
Five for today
1) Declutter – filled up back of car with piles of household rubbish & went to tip. Feels good to be making a little progress.
2) A good find – whilst at tip I spotted a pile of books someone had thrown into the skip that as destined for incineration, why they weren’t donated to charity I have no idea. I saw old Ladybird books which made me feel sad as they are quite sought after but they’d been squashed down by other rubbish. However, on the top I saw this pristine book & asked if I could take it.
It’s by Woodrow Wyatt – The Exploits of Mr Saucy Squirrel and I think it’s a first edition from 1976! (as old as me!)
3) Homemade bolognese – My chap makes a wicked bolognese from scratch & that’s what we had tonight! Yum! Beats any stuff from a jar!
4) Growing – Sylvie had to have her seat belt adjusted as she’s moved up a notch! Bittersweet as I love having a little baby, but excited as she’s growing strong & it’s all because of my milk! I still find it amazing how it all works!
5) The Voice – I don’t watch soaps or much TV really, but I love watching this! I look forward to it all week & I’m excited to watch the second part of battles tonight! Plus I do love Sir Tom Jones twinkly eyes! 😉
Five things for today.
1)In the kitchen – made a Herby butternut squash & chickpea soup, and Butternut Squash, orange & sultana muffins with leftover squash. Recipe on previous post.
The two small boys helped me too!
2) Foo Fighters
Put Sylvie in her brother’s old Foo Fighters vest! Loved seeing it being worn again!
Had a sweet treat after dinner of meringue, Rodda’s Cornish clotted cream & berries. Yum! Albie calls them Rangos so we renamed them “Merangos”!
4) Texts – had a text from a friend who is very close to having her second baby & hoping for a home birth! Really excited for her & hope she gets a dream labour and delivery. I’d have loved a home birth but it wasn’t meant to be, but I think they are wonderful! Looking forward to an announcement!
5) Brothers – they drive each other spare a lot of the time & I’m always refereeing squabbles… But they really do love each other. This pair below in particular have a good bond, but clash too! I love watching my children interact (on a good day!) – it makes having a large family all the more worth it.
Not posted for a few days so a little positivity catch up…
1) Support Been a pretty up & down few days, but I’ve had hugs & company from my Mama, & chats with lovely friends. I appreciate it so much.
2) 16 weeks Sylvie turned 16 weeks yesterday. She’s been a little off colour but seems to be turning the corner now. We went out wedding attire shopping yesterday with my Mama & she now has more changes of outfit “just in case” for the wedding day than your average celebrity! Yesterday, got a Baker girl frock & a playsuit in the blue cross sale at Debenhams. This having a daughter thing is still a novelty… So many pretty things! 😉
3) Dens – little Stickle hasn’t been very well, and is very whingy & upset a lot recently. Coupled with his frustration at not being able to communicate well, it’s led to a few meltdowns. Very draining for us all. However, we had a lovely moment yesterday, building a sofa den & it really cheered him up!
4)Hugs – My four year old kept randomly hugging me and telling me how much he loved me & how pretty & beautiful I was!! This boy will go far!! 😉
5)New tricks Sylvie was sat in her bouncer last night and learnt how to trigger the blue lights to come on using her feet & hands!
And a bonus 6) Frocks! – managed to get a couple of dresses yesterday in the sale, for my nephews wedding! I’ve not lost any weight as I’d planned to for the wedding as my priority has been breastfeeding (& cake eating!) but even though I’m overweight, I still felt kinda pretty in new dresses! It’s made me realise how I’d like to start making more effort to defrump myself, wear nicer clothes (instead of my usual crap maternity jeans & baggy tops) & feel happier in my own skin… So project pampering will commence shortly!
Hard to think of many positives when 4 out of 5 children are not feeling well (and neither am I!) but let’s give it a shot!
1) Giggles – Sylvie really giggled at me tonight when I was singing Old Mc Donald to her! Was it my poor ability at holding a note? Or was she genuinely laughing who knows?! I know my singing voice isn’t up to scratch….(Unless I’ve sunk a few glasses of wine and handed a mic, then I like to think I’m a warbling mix of Patsy Cline and Eva Cassidy!)
2) 3 weeks tomorrow since leaving my old Facebook account, I’ve still managed to keep in touch with a few. I still need to reactivate to pass on some contacts, and copy a document and download my data… Then I’m closing it properly. Some people have said they miss me on Facebook, but I’m still here, I’m still contactable if people want to talk to me or email – and truthfully I feel a happier person for making this change. Not many have asked how this decision has affected me, but it’s made a real improvement to how I go about my day and spend my time. I didn’t want to make a big “hey look at me! I’m leaving Facebook!” gesture, nor actively encourage others to follow suit, but I’ve since seen or heard of a few others leaving, including my chap, and most people I have spoken with seem to have a renewed sense of purpose and positivity. Check out these links here and here… I found them quite good reads.
3) Phones I sent back my latest upgrade. I had switched from an iPhone 4 to a Sony Xperia Z but it was too big and clumsy for me after a weekend of trying to get used to it. Great phone but not worth it. In fact, it got me thinking about how I want to simplify my life, so I’m now considering going on a payg account and cutting my bills down.
4) Sewing Bee Watched the final of the Great British Sewing Bee tonight and was pleased with the result! I am itching to start sewing & learning how to make things. I need to lose the fear of making mistakes though… Which reminds me of a great quote by Sir Ken Robinson. (I love him!!)
“If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original.”
5) Dandelions My four year old handed me a dandelion this afternoon and told me “I picked you a bootiful flower mummy!” 😀 what a lovely way to put a smile on my face.
1)Picnic with friends
My friend Mia came today with her three children for a walk and picnic! It was lovely even though it didn’t quite go as expected! Came home & had a nice cuppa & chat too.
2) Sleepy girls
Our two little ones sparked out after the picnic! Sylvie complete with grassy knees! Was lovely to see! I really am looking forward to watching them develop a friendship as they grow!
Made some Italian courgette muffins for our picnic with a little help from the children. Recipe was from Abel & Cole They were yummy!
4) Warm weather Was lovely & sunny, and we managed to eat a lovely mackerel pasta outside this evening.
5) New phone Changed from an iPhone to Sony XperiaZ yesterday with a free upgrade. Phone is huge & it’s taking some getting used to but I like it. It’s positives outweigh the negatives so far. Exercising my thumb too! 😉
1) Friendship and surprises – Yesterday, was a day of two halves. Lovely visit to a friend, and my Albie had a good first session at the school nursery but it was swiftly followed by scary accident at home. Albie banged his nose and cut it badly and there was a LOT of blood. He’s okay now, but a little sore. I was feeling pretty shaken up & upset, (we all were). Today, Mia came to see me & brought me a surprise she had hand embroidered for Sylvie. I was blown away at such a special thoughtful gift! (I may have shed a tear or two!) and it really cheered me up.
I love it so much!!
2)Binty Bunny – When Sylvie was born, a lovely friend sent us a bunny she knitted, affectionately named ‘Binty’! Sylvie loves her & tries to chew her! 🙂 Sign of a loved toy I think!
3) Love – Albie adores his baby sister so much, he can be a little ‘full-on’ but I love how much he cares for her… This was a photo from first thing this morning. Complete with taped up nose!
4) Minecraft vest – My second eldest son decorated a minecraft vest for Sylvie a while ago! She wore it today for the first time!
5) Sunshine – Feels warm today and it makes a world of difference to our day! Sitting outside with my children & they are eating ice cream cones 🙂
1) Walking – Today we went for an impromptu walk in the fields and newly planted forest by our house. It was wonderfully breezy, and warm. We will do this more often, next time taking the baby slings, and perhaps a picnic! We had a lovely time, and it is so lovely knowing this is literally on our doorstep! A perfect place to walk, run, or even cycle perhaps.Our tyre swing at the top of the hill!
The older boys resting in the sun and looking at the shapes of the clouds.
The fishing lake.
2) Making decisions – Today I made a decision, one that I won’t share just yet, but I feel happier and better for it already.
3) Talking – Having someone who I can talk to about worries or concerns, and knowing that they understand, it’s a nice feeling.
4) Strawberries – A simple plate of fresh strawberries made me feel better this morning.
5) It’s only 12.43pm – The lovely feeling when you still have plenty of day left! I thought it was later, so it’s a pleasant surprise knowing that I have posted five positive things for today already and still have potential to think of more!
Amongst the trees I hear natures voice; calling, whispering and inviting.
Amongst the trees I feel free; released briefly from the noise of my thoughts. Even with the sounds of chaos, and rapturous laughter from children around me, I still feel peace.
Amongst the trees I see a future; a promise of things to come, and memories to make.
Amongst the trees I inhale the forest air, and remind myself that every day we breathe…in and out; and often we don’t realise how lucky we are do to so.
Amongst the trees I am me.